User talk:Deborahjay/Pages abandoned after creation
- Hi again, my Google translator show me that this page is really about "clock", we should add interlinks and an image. DARIO SEVERI (talk) 06:01, 31 uNcwaba 2017 (UTC)
- Actions taken: interwiki links added via Wikidata; image added from the Wikimedia Commons (with more info requested from the file creator).
- Actions pending: We need the isiZulu terms for Category:Machines, Category:Technology, and Category:Science and Technology
- Note: These three form a Category tree, with intermediate Cats omitted at this stage; these would help with other unCategorized pages per Special pages) See also Strategy for Categories in ZU WP and zu:Special:Red link Categories, where I keep ideas posted for future collaboration.
- The ZU WP awaits the return (ca. mid-September) of User:Fiso.dlamini and new recruits, who are invited to provide translations as we create the missing Categories and missing upper-level Cats based on other small WP projects. Thanks again, Dario, for checking in here! -- Deborahjay (talk) 08:59, 1 uMandulo 2017 (UTC)
- Machines = (imi)Shini,
- Machine = (um)Shini
- Technology = (ubu)Chewepheshe
- Science And Technology = (i)Sayensi nobu Chwepheshe.
- Note the letters I put in brackets; we don't put them in brackets in daily language use. I only did it for you. The letters in brackets change with context. Notice how they changed in Machine and Machines; Machine being plural.
- Fiso.dlamini (talk) 21:29, 4 uMandulo 2017 (UTC)
Justin Timberlake[Hlela umthombo]
- Olá Deborah, I checked in two dictionaries on-line and I got the word 'umoya' for 'air'. DARIO SEVERI (talk) 14:54, 3 uZibandlela 2017 (UTC)
- Ay, @DARIO SEVERI: - We non-speakers can't be sure of this. My new Oxford EN<>ZU School Dictionary (via Bookdepository.com - free shipping!) gives this word for air/wind/spirit, besides the inflection prefixes that affect the meaning (though perhaps not when the word stands alone outside of a sentence.) I'd rather wait here - but you see, even when our very few Zulu-speakers are editing, I make progress every day. I'll give you a proper update soon. -- Cheers, Deborahjay (talk) 17:20, 3 uZibandlela 2017 (UTC)
Zwide kaLanga[Hlela umthombo]
The content originally written on Zwide ka Langa, including two Categories, was moved manually to the second paragraph on the Zwide kaLanga page. All content and categories need review by a speaker of isiZulu. -- Deborahjay (talk) 21:03, 29 uNcwaba 2017 (UTC)