Mayelana nephrojekthi, yini ongayenza, lapho uzothola khona izinto / About the project, what you can do, where to find things
Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019[Hlela umthombo]
Please help translate to your language
Uthando luyinto ebaluleke kakhulu ebuntwini futhi luboniswa emasikweni ahlukene nasezifundeni ngezindlela ezihlukene emhlabeni wonke ngokusebenzisa ukushukuma komzimba, imikhosi, imikhosi kanye nokubhala inkulumo yale mizwa ecebile nenhle, sidinga usizo lwakho ukuze sabelane futhi sisakaze ukujula kwamasiko isifunda ngasinye esinaso, okungcono kakhulu ukuthi abantu bakuleso sifunda balugubha kanjani uthando.
[[c: Commons: Wiki Loves Love | Wiki Loves Love (WLL)] a mncintiswano wokuthwebula izithombe wamazwe omhlaba weWikimedia Commons onobufakazi besifundo sothando okwenzeka ngenyanga kaFebhuwari.
Inhloso yokuqala yalo mncintiswano ukubhala imibhalo yothando ngokuhlukahluka kwamasiko abantu njengezigodlo, imicikilisho, isithombe esibonisa ukuthambekela kwezimpawu zesisa, nezinto ezixubile ezisetshenziswe njengophawu lothando; ukukhombisa izindatshana embhalweni wamahhala we-Wikipedia womhlaba wonke, namanye amaphrojekthi weWikimedia Foundation (WMF).
Ingqikithi yonyaka ka-2019 ithi 'Imikhosi, Imikhosi, Imikhosi kanye namasiko othando.' '
Bhalisa umlingani wakho noma umuntu ngamunye ekhasini Abahlanganyeli.
Ukwazi kabanzi ngalo mncintiswano, hlola i- Commons Page no- FAQs
Kunemiklomelo eminingana yokubamba. Ngiyethemba ukukubona usakaza uthando kuloFebhuwari ngeWiki Loves Love!
I-Wiki Loves Love Team
Cabanga ... isamba salo lonke uthando!
- Ukulethwa kwemiyalezo ye-MediaWiki ([Umsebenzisi uyakhuluma: Ukulethwa komyalezo weMediaWiki [inkulumo]] 10: 10, 27, azibandlela 2018 (UTC)
Machine translation support enabled today for Content Translation[Hlela umthombo]
Please help translate to your language
Sawubona, usekelo lokuhumusha ngomshini we- Okuhunyushiwe kokuqukethwe (isici se-beta) manje sekunwetshiwe futhi sanikwa amandla abasebenzisi beWikipedia, ngokufakwa kwe Google Humusha. Ingasetshenziswa lapho uhumusha izindatshana zeWikipedia nge-Okuhunyushwa Okuqukethwe. Ukuze uqale ukusebenzisa le nsiza, sicela ukhethe i - Google Humusha kusuka kumenyu yokudonsela phansi okuzenzakalelayo oyibona kubha eseceleni ngemuva kokuqala ukuhumusha i-athikili.
Uyacelwa ukuthi uqaphele, ukuhumusha ngomshini kuyatholakala kuzo zonke izilimi ezisekelwa i-Google Humusha, kepha ukuhumusha okuqukethwe kungasasebenza ngendlela ejwayelekile yokuhumusha kusuka kuzo zonke izilimi, kusekelwa noma ngaphandle komshini wokuxhaswa komshini. Ngenkathi ukuhumusha komshini kukhona ukusiza ukudala okuqukethwe kalula, sithanda ukugcizelela ukuthi ngaphambi kokushicilela, okuqukethwe kokugcina kufanele kubuyekezwe njalo ukugwema amaphutha nokucacisa. Siyethemba ukuthi umphakathi wakho we-wiki uzothola le nsiza entsha ilusizo, nokuthi izokusiza ukuthi wakhe ama-athikili amaningi ngolimi lwakho.
I-Wikimedia Foundation ne-Google bahlanganyele ukusebenza [ Ngeminye imininingwane, sikucela ukuthi ubheke ngomusa imininingwane mayelana izinsizakalo zokuhumusha ngomshini ku-Ukuhumusha Okuqukethwe nange [ ]]. Ungaphinde ufunde i- isimemezelo esikhulu ezindabeni zeWikimedia. Uyacelwa ukuthi uqaphele, ukuhumusha okwenziwe kusetshenziswa ukuhumusha kokuqukethwe kusetshenziselwa ukuthuthukisa nezinsizakalo zokuhumusha ngomshini.
Sivivile insizakalo ukuze isetshenziswe, kepha kungaba nezinkinga ezingaziwa esingazazi okwamanje. Sicela usazise ku- ikhasi le-Talk Talk uma ubhekana nezinkinga usebenzisa ukuhumusha okuqukethwe. Lo mlayezo ubhalwe ngesiNgisi kuphela futhi sizothokoza kakhulu uma ungahunyushelwa kwabanye abasebenzisi be-Wikipedia.
Ngiyabonga. - Esikhundleni sethimba loLimi le-WMF: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) ( talk) 16:15, 9 Umasingana 2019 (UTC)
A new beta feature will soon be released on all wikis: The FileExporter. It allows exports of files from a local wiki to Wikimedia Commons, including their file history and page history. Which files can be exported is defined by each wiki's community: Please check your wiki's configuration file if you want to use this feature.
The FileExporter has already been a beta feature on mediawiki.org, meta.wikimedia, deWP, faWP, arWP, koWP and on wikisource.org. After some functionality was added, it's now becoming a beta feature on all wikis. Deployment is planned for January 16. More information can be found on the project page.
As always, feedback is highly appreciated. If you want to test the FileExporter, please activate it in your user preferences. The best place for feedback is the central talk page. Thank you from Wikimedia Deutschland's Technical Wishes project.
Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:42, 14 Umasingana 2019 (UTC)
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning a global consultation about communication. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis, whatever their experience, their skills or their devices.
We are looking for input from as many different parts of the Wikimedia community as possible. It will come from multiple projects, in multiple languages, and with multiple perspectives.
We are currently planning the consultation. We need your help.
We need volunteers to help talk to their communities or user groups.
You can help by hosting a discussion at your wiki. Here's what to do:
- First, sign up your group here.
- Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group. This is not a vote or decision-making discussion: we are just collecting feedback.
- Then ask people what they think about communication processes. We want to hear stories and other information about how people communicate with each other on and off wiki. Please consider asking these five questions:
- When you want to discuss a topic with your community, what tools work for you, and what problems block you?
- What about talk pages works for newcomers, and what blocks them?
- What do others struggle with in your community about talk pages?
- What do you wish you could do on talk pages, but can't due to the technical limitations?
- What are the important aspects of a "wiki discussion"?
- Finally, please go to Talk pages consultation 2019 on Mediawiki.org and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public.
You can also help build the list of the many different ways people talk to each other.
Not all groups active on wikis or around wikis use the same way to discuss things: it can happen on wiki, on social networks, through external tools... Tell us how your group communicates.
You can read more about the overall process on mediawiki.org. If you have questions or ideas, you can leave feedback about the consultation process in the language you prefer.
Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.
Trizek (WMF) 15:01, 21 uNhlolanja 2019 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2019)[Hlela umthombo]
The TWL OWL says sign up today!
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Kinige – Primarily Indian-language ebooks - 10 books per month
- Gale – Times Digital Archive collection added (covering 1785-2013)
- JSTOR – New applications now being taken again
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Baylor University Press, Taylor & Francis, Cairn, Annual Reviews and Bloomsbury. You can request new partnerships on our Suggestions page.
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 17:40, 13 uMbasa 2019 (UTC)
- You can host and coordinate signups for a Wikipedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact Ocaasi (WMF).
- This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List.
Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[Hlela umthombo]
10:57, 8 uNdasa 2019 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[Hlela umthombo]
Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal
covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page
, by April 20. Thank you! Quiddity (WMF)
) 17:35, 12 uNdasa 2019 (UTC)
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
Every article has a pencil icon at the top. Tap on the pencil icon to start editing.
This is what the new Edit Cards for editing links in the mobile visual editor look like. You can try the prototype here: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
Welcome back to the Editing newsletter.
Since the last newsletter, the team has released two new features for the mobile visual editor and has started developing three more. All of this work is part of the team's goal to make editing on mobile web simpler.
Before talking about the team's recent releases, we have a question for you:
Are you willing to try a new way to add and change links?
If you are interested, we would value your input! You can try this new link tool in the mobile visual editor on a separate wiki.
Follow these instructions and share your experience:
📲 Try Edit Cards.
The mobile visual editor is a simpler editing tool, for smartphones and tablets using the mobile site. The Editing team recently launched two new features to improve the mobile visual editor:
- Section editing
- The purpose is to help contributors focus on their edits.
- The team studied this with an A/B test. This test showed that contributors who could use section editing were 1% more likely to publish the edits they started than people with only full-page editing.
- Loading overlay
- The purpose is to smooth the transition between reading and editing.
Section editing and the new loading overlay are now available to everyone using the mobile visual editor.
This is a list of our most active projects. Watch these pages to learn about project updates and to share your input on new designs, prototypes and research findings.
- Edit cards: This is a clearer way to add and edit links, citations, images, templates, etc. in articles. You can try this feature now. Go here to see how: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
- Mobile toolbar refresh: This project will learn if contributors are more successful when the editing tools are easier to recognize.
- Mobile visual editor availability: This A/B test asks: Are newer contributors more successful if they use the mobile visual editor? We are collaborating with 20 Wikipedias to answer this question.
- Usability improvements: This project will make the mobile visual editor easier to use. The goal is to let contributors stay focused on editing and to feel more confident in the editing tools.
- Wikimania: Several members of the Editing Team will be attending Wikimania in August 2019. They will lead a session about mobile editing in the Community Growth space. Talk to the team about how editing can be improved.
- Talk Pages: In the coming months, the Editing Team will begin improving talk pages and communication on the wikis.
The VisualEditor on mobile is a good place to learn more about the projects we are working on. The team wants to talk with you about anything related to editing. If you have something to say or ask, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
18:32, 23 uNtulikazi 2019 (UTC)
The current logo of the Zulu Wikipedia at the top of the page appears in English. It should be translated into Zulu, as it is in most languages.
Unfortunately I don't know Zulu, but if anyone can tell me the good translation for "The Free Encyclopedia", I can get the logo made.
An important thing to note is that the word "Free" must have the meaning of "freedom" or "liberty" and not "zero dollars".
I asked several people who know Zulu, and I received these suggestions:
- Umthombo wenkululeko wolwazi
- Umqulu-wolwazi okhululekile
- Umqulu okhululekile wolwazi
Is any of these a good translation? Can anyone suggest something better?
Thanks! --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 06:24, 3 uNcwaba 2019 (UTC)
Update on the consultation about office actions[Hlela umthombo]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 08:03, 16 uNcwaba 2019 (UTC)
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
We have an idea of what tools could be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project on Meta and post comments and feedback. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
14:18, 21 uNcwaba 2019 (UTC)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[Hlela umthombo]
In a recent statement, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees requested that staff hold a consultation to "re-evaluat[e] or add community input to the two new office action policy tools (temporary and partial Foundation bans)".
Accordingly, the Foundation's Trust & Safety team invites all Wikimedians to join this consultation and give their feedback from 30 September to 30 October.
How can you help?
- Suggest how partial and temporary Foundation bans should be used, if they should (eg: On all projects, or only on a subset);
- Give ideas about how partial and temporary Foundation bans should ideally implemented, if they should be; and/or
- Propose changes to the existing Office Actions policy on partial and temporary bans.
We offer our thanks in advance for your contributions, and we hope to get as much input as possible from community members during this consultation!
-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:14, 30 uMandulo 2019 (UTC)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[Hlela umthombo]
Please help translate to your language
⧼Sawubona⧽. Iqembu leWebhu yabafundi e-WMF lizosebenza kokunye ukuphuculwa kwekhompiyutha esibonakalayo eminyakeni embalwa ezayo. Umgomo ukukhulisa ukusebenza ngaphandle kokususa ukusebenza. Sikhuthazwe wushintsho olwenziwe amavolontiya, kepha okwamanje kukhona njengamagajethi endawo nemibhalo yomsebenzisi, prototypes, nezikhumba eziholwa ngokuzithandela. Sifisa ukuqala inqubo yokuletha ezinye zalezi zinguquko kulwazi oluzenzakalelayo kuwo wonke amaphrojekthi eWikimedia.
Okwamanje sisesigabeni sokucwaninga sale projekthi futhi sifuna imibono yokuthuthuka, kanye nempendulo ngemibono yethu yamanje nokukhinyabezeka. Kuze kube manje, senze izingxoxo namalungu omphakathi eWikimania. Siqoqe uhlu lwamavolontiya wangaphambilini kanye nomsebenzi weWMF kule ndawo. Sihlola izindlela ezingaba ezobuchwepheshe zezinguquko ezinjalo.
Sithanda impendulo ngayinye ngokulandelayo:
- Ukuhlonza izindawo okugxilwe kuzo yephrojekthi esingakazitholi
- Ukunwebisa uhlu lwamagajethi akhona nemibhalo yomsebenzisi ehlobene nokunikeza isipiliyoni sedeskithophu engcono. Uma ungacabanga okunye kwalokhu kusuka kwi-wiki yakho, sicela usazise
- Impendulo ngemibono kanye nama-mockups esiqoqe kuze kube manje
Sithanda futhi ukuqoqa uhlu lwama-wikis angaba nentshisekelo yokuba ama-wikis wokuhlola kulo msebenzi - laba bantu abazoba ngabokuqala ukuthola izibuyekezo uma sesikulungele ukuqala ukwakha.
Lapho unikeza impendulo, sicela ubheke izinjongo ezilandelayo zephrojekthi:
- Yenza kube lula ukuthi abafundi bagxile kokuqukethwe
- Nikeza ukufinyelela okulula kwezenzo zansuku zonke (isb. Ukusesha, ukushintshela kolimi, ukuhlela)
- Beka izinto ezindaweni ezinengqondo nezisebenzayo
- Khulisa ukuvumelana ekubonaneni namanye amapulatifomu - iwebhu yeselula kanye nezinhlelo zokusebenza
- Hlela ukukhula kwesikhathi esizayo
Kanye nalezi zingqinamba ezilandelayo:
- Ukungathinti okuqukethwe - awukho umsebenzi ozokwenziwa ngokuya ngezifanekiso zezitayela noma ngesakhiwo sokuqukethwe kwekhasi ngokwazo
- Ukungasusi noma yikuphi ukusebenza - izinto zingahambahamba, kepha zonke izinto zokuhamba nokunye ukusebenza njengamanje okuzenzakalelayo kuzohlala
- Akukho zinguquko ezinkulu esimweni - sithatha indlela yokuziphendukela kwezinguquko futhi sifuna isayithi liqhubeke nokuzizwa ngabajwayele abafundi nabahleli
Uyacelwa ukuthi unikeze yonke impendulo (nganoma yiluphi ulimi) ku- [[mw: Inkulumo: Ukufundwa / Ukuthuthukiswa kwe-web / Desktop |
Ngemuva kwalo mbuthano wokuphendula, sihlela ukwakha uhlobo lokushintsha okuphakanyisiwe olususelwa kwimpendulo esiyitholile. Uzobuye uzwe kithina ebuza ngempendulo kule prototype.
⧼Impendulo-Thanks-isihloko⧽ I-Quiddity (WMF) ( talk
07: 18, 16 Mfumfu 2019 (UTC)
<! - Umlayezo othunyelwe nguMsebenzisi: Quiddity (WMF) @metawiki usebenzisa uhlu ku-https: //meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Quiddity_(WMF)/Global_message_delivery_split_4&oldid=19462890 ->
Beta feature "Reference Previews"[Hlela umthombo]
A new beta feature will soon be deployed to your wiki: Reference Previews. As you might guess from the name, this feature gives you a preview of references in the article text. That means, you can look up a reference without jumping down to the bottom of the page.
Reference Previews have already been a beta feature on German and Arabic Wikipedia since April. Now they will become available on more wikis. Deployment is planned for October 24. More information can be found on the project page.
As always, feedback is highly appreciated. If you want to test Reference Previews, please activate the beta feature in your user preferences and let us know what you think. The best place for feedback is the central talk page. We hope the feature will serve you well in your work. Thank you from Wikimedia Deutschland's Technical Wishes project.
-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:47, 23 uMfumfu 2019 (UTC)
Editing News #2 – Mobile editing and talk pages[Hlela umthombo]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Inside this newsletter, the Editing team talks about their work on the mobile visual editor, on the new talk pages project, and at Wikimania 2019.
What talk page interactions do you remember? Is it a story about how someone helped you to learn something new? Is it a story about how someone helped you get involved in a group? Something else? Whatever your story is, we want to hear it!
Please tell us a story about how you used a talk page. Please share a link to a memorable discussion, or describe it on the talk page for this project. The team wants your examples. These examples will help everyone develop a shared understanding of what this project should support and encourage.
The Talk Pages Consultation was a global consultation to define better tools for wiki communication. From February through June 2019, more than 500 volunteers on 20 wikis, across 15 languages and multiple projects, came together with members of the Foundation to create a product direction for a set of discussion tools. The Phase 2 Report of the Talk Page Consultation was published in August. It summarizes the product direction the team has started to work on, which you can read more about here: Talk Page Project project page.
The team needs and wants your help at this early stage. They are starting to develop the first idea. Please add your name to the "Getting involved" section of the project page, if you would like to hear about opportunities to participate.
The Editing team is trying to make it simpler to edit on mobile devices. The team is changing the visual editor on mobile. If you have something to say about editing on a mobile device, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
What happens when you click on a link. The new Edit Card is bigger and has more options for editing links.
- In September, the Editing team updated the mobile visual editor's editing toolbar. Anyone could see these changes in the mobile visual editor.
- One toolbar: All of the editing tools are located in one toolbar. Previously, the toolbar changed when you clicked on different things.
- New navigation: The buttons for moving forward and backward in the edit flow have changed.
- Seamless switching: an improved workflow for switching between the visual and wikitext modes.
- Feedback: You can try the refreshed toolbar by opening the mobile VisualEditor on a smartphone. Please post your feedback on the Toolbar feedback talk page.
The Editing Team attended Wikimania 2019 in Sweden. They led a session on the mobile visual editor and a session on the new talk pages project. They tested two new features in the mobile visual editor with contributors. You can read more about what the team did and learned in the team's report on Wikimania 2019.
- Talk Pages Project: The team is thinking about the first set of proposed changes. The team will be working with a few communities to pilot those changes. The best way to stay informed is by adding your username to the list on the project page: Getting involved.
- Testing the mobile visual editor as the default: The Editing team plans to post results before the end of the calendar year. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: VisualEditor as mobile default project page.
- Measuring the impact of Edit Cards: This study asks whether the project helped editors add links and citations. The Editing team hopes to share results in November. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: Edit Cards project page.
– PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
11:12, 29 uMfumfu 2019 (UTC)
div lang = "en" dir = "ltr" class = "mw-okuqukethwe-ltr">
kwesokudla | i-frameless
'Inyanga ye-Wikipedia Asia' ibuyile! Sikufisela inhlanhla nonke emncintiswaneni. Imihlahlandlela eyisisekelo yomncintiswano ingatholakala ekhasini lakho lendawo ye-Wikipedia Asia Month. Ngeminye imininingwane, bheka ekhasini lethu leMeta kubahleli.
Ngibheke phambili ukuhlangana namanxusa alandelayo e-Wikipedia Asia Month 2019!
Ngosizo olwengeziwe lokuhlela umcimbi ungaxhunyiwe ku-inthanethi, thintana neqembu lethu lamazwe aphesheya on wiki noma nge-imeyili. Singajabulela ukuhunyushwa kwalomyalezo ngolimi lwendawo ngabahumushi bokuzithandela. Ngiyabonga!
Iqembu Lezizwe lase-Wikipedia Asia.
Ukulethwa kwemiyalezo ye-MediaWiki ([Umsebenzisi uyakhuluma: Ukulethwa komyalezo weMediaWiki [inkulumo]]) 16:57, 31 uMfumfu 2019 (UTC)
<! - Umlayezo othunyelwe nguMsebenzisi: Tiven2240 @ metawiki usebenzisa uhlu ku-https: //meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Tiven2240/WAM&oldid=19499019 ->